Apply for Child Care

Translations: العربية | বাংলা | 简体中文 | 繁體中文 | Français | 한국어 | Kreyòl ayisyen | Polski | Русский | Español | اردو

Who Can Apply for a Child Care Voucher?

Your family may qualify for child care assistance if your family's income falls below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level and you have an approved reason for seeking child care ("reason for care"). This reason must be at least one of the following:
You work 10+ hours per week
You are in an educational or vocational training program
You have been looking for work
You live in temporary housing (priority access)
You are attending services for domestic violence
Eligibility is based on your family size, residency, income, and reason for care. It is verified using the documentation you submit with your application.  If you're unsure whether you're eligible, take this short survey to see if you might be!

How Do I Apply for a Child Care Voucher?

ACS will begin accepting applications for child care assistance for families citywide on October 17! Here's how to apply:
Complete the Application for Child Care Assistance (CFWB-012), which can be found on our Forms for Families page along with step-by-step instructions. Any additional forms you need to complete are also found there.
Gather the required documents listed on the Child Care Assistance New Application Submission Checklist, which is included in the application packet after the Application and instructions.
Mail your completed Application and all required documentation to: NYC Children - EDU, PO Box 40, Maplewood, NJ 07040
You may be found ineligible if you submit an incomplete application. Check your application to make sure you haven't missed any steps or left out any required documents.
Need help? Please call the ACS Call Center at 212-835-7610, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm.
If eligible, you will be issued a voucher which you'll complete and return to ACS so your child can be enrolled with your preferred child care provider.
If you are living in shelter or temporary housing, on Cash Assistance from HRA, receiving child welfare services, or a working foster parent, please see additional information below.
For information on all early care and education services available for eligible families in New York City, please review the Early Care & Education Programs for New York City Families. Translations of the flyer can be found here.